HP M28W VS PANTUM M6550NW
(Comparison of HP M28w VS PANTUM M6550NW Home Use Mono Laser Printers): If you want to buy a home-use laser printer, but after shopping around, you still don’t know where to start? I believe that most students or WFH workers have experienced a document sent by a teacher or boss to print it out for study or modification. However, there is no printer nearby, so it is distressed. Therefore, a small entry-level printer can be said to be a must-have item in this year. The two models compared this time are the more popular entry-level mono laser printers on the market because most of the documents are mainly black and white text with a multi-function Model must be the first choice. Mr. Print recommends household type/low-volume users to purchase a printer with the following requirements:
- Printing speed: It is very urgent when you need to print a document, so the printing speed must be as fast as possible.
- Functions: A printer can provide multifunction printers for printing, scanning, and photocopying at the same time, and it can connect to WiFi at home to use wireless printing. It is necessary to support the use of mobile phones and iPads.
- Device Size: Most homes in Hong Kong have limited space. Although laser printers are convenient and reliable, they are larger than inkjet printers due to technical limitations, so compact size Laser printers are very important.
- Easy to use: Since most home users are not IT professionals, it is necessary to consider the printer’s ease of use, including installation, daily use, and maintenance, etc.
- Printing cost: Machine price may not be the most important factor, because the subsequent printing consumables cost is the most important. Generally, the printing volume of home users is not too high, so the price of printing consumables is reasonable and affordable.
- Maintenance: General household printers are mass-produced products with very mature and reliable technology. If used properly, the product can have a life span of 3-5 years. Of course, the longer of original warranty period is better, and there can be quick support services.
- PANTUM M6550NW (score: 3, full score is 5): Support 22ppm printing speed, the first page printing is less than 7.8 seconds;
- HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28W (score: 2 out of 5): Supports 18ppm printing speed, the first page printing is less than 8.2 seconds;
- Mr. Print comment: For entry-level printers, I believe that the speed of the two is enough for low-volume users, unless you need to print 100 pages of documents at a time. HP M28W may need about 5.5 Minutes, while M6550Nw only takes 4.5 minutes, which is 1 minute faster to complete.
- PANTUM M6550NW (score: 3.5 out of 5 points): 3in1 multifunction printer supports printing + scanning + photocopying, and has an ADF (automatic document feeder) capable of scanning 35 pages of documents at a time. Support WiFi, USB and Ethernet connection. There are Pantum APP which can support Applie iOS and Andriod; and get AirPrint and Mopria certification.
- HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28W (score: 3 out of 5): 3in1 multifunction printer supports printing + scanning + photocopying. Support WiFi and USB. There is HP Smart App to support Applie iOS and Andriod; and get AirPrint And Mopria certification.
- Mr. Print’s comment: Both models also support the current important WiFi function, and can connect to the home wireless network to share the printer. And both have APP support mobile phone tablet can print and scan without a computer. But the advantage of Pantum M6550NW lies in the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder). Users can scan multiple pages of documents to make PDF files at once, which greatly reduces scanning time and is very convenient.
- PANTUM M6550NW (score: 3.5 out of 5): The body size is 417x305x301mm and the weight is 8.5Kg.
- HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28W (score: 5 out of 5): The body size is 360 x 264 x 197 mm, and the weight is 5.4Kg.
- Mr. Print comment: For general laser printers, the two designs are also very light and small, which is believed to be related to the use of an integrated toner cartridge design. However, the design of the M28W is more advantageous. After the tray is stowed, the volume is very small (HP officially calls it the smallest in the world), which is very suitable for families with limited space.
Easy to use:
- PANTUM M6550NW (score: 3 out of 5): The control panel of the fuselage has multiple buttons and a two-line display, which can be connected to the home network by WPS, and is available for Window users One-click installation software installs the printer driver, macOS users can connect directly with AirPrint without installing the driver. Pantum APP supports the printing and scanning functions of mobile phones or flat plates.
- HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28W (score: 4.5 out of 5): The control panel of the fuselage has basic buttons and a simple digital display, which can be connected to the home network by WPS, and Easy for Window users Start software installs the print driver, macOS users can connect directly with AirPrint without installing the driver. The HP Smart APP supports printing, scanning, photocopying and sharing files to your friends or linked cloud platforms on mobile phones or tablets.
- Mr. Print comment: If the user is not used to using the mobile APP to connect to the printer, the M6550NW has more buttons on the front panel and two-line display will be more convenient to use. But if the user is used to connecting the printer with the mobile phone APP, I believe that the M28W’s relatively simple buttons and display will not cause inconvenience, and HP has therefore reduced the volume of the body. Pantum’s “one-click installation” software is already very simple and convenient, but the interface of HP’s Easy Start is easier to use. Moreover, HP Smart APP is more powerful. In this software and APP, HP It can better meet the needs of advanced users, but Pantum APP is sufficient for the basic needs of daily use.
- PANTUM M6550NW (score: 3 out of 5): The price of the machine is about HKD688, and the integrated toner cartridge design does not need to replace the toner drum. The price is $380 and can print 1600 pages* (above The price information was last updated on 1/12/2020)
- HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28W (score: 1, full score is 5): The price of the machine is about HKD1,288, The original factory discount can be redeemed for a $100 supermarket cash coupon, using an integrated toner cartridge design No need to replace the toner cartridge, the price is $410 and can print 1000 pages* (the above price information was last updated to 1/12/2020)
- Mr. Print comment: The printing cost calculation includes the machine price and the average cost of the toner cartridge; the cost of M6550NW requires $1.31 for the first 500 pages, while M28W requires $2.58, a difference of 97% . But if the customer prints to 3000 pages, the cost of the two will be close. M6550NW requires $0.68 pages, while M28W requires 0.77 pages, a difference of 13%. Suppose the printer has a lifespan of 3 years, and the print volume in 3 years is less than 3000 pages. M6550NW is more cost-effective. However, if the M28W has a high print volume, users can choose Mr. Print’s high-quality replacement toner cartridges to reduce printing costs.
|Model||PANTUM M6550NW||HP M28W||HP28W (use substitute consumables)|
|Following machine toner cartridge||600 pages||500 pages||500 pages|
|The toner cartridge model can be changed||PC-210EV (1600 pages)||CF248A (1000 pages)||TB-CF248A (1000 pages)|
|The toner cartridge price can be changed||$380||$410||$290|
|Printing cost per 500 pages (with machine price)||$1.31 page ($657)||$2.58 pages ($1,288)||$2.57 pages ($1,288)|
|Printing cost per 1000 pages (with machine price)||$0.88 page ($883)||$1.49 pages ($1,493)||$1.43 page ($1,433)|
|Printing cost per 2000 pages (with machine price)||$0.56 page ($1,121)||$0.95 page ($1,903)||$0.86 page ($1,723)|
|Printing cost per 3000 pages (with machine price)||$0.68 page ($1,358)||$0.77 pages ($2,313)||$0.67 page ($2,013)|
- PANTUM M6550NW (score: 3, out of 5 points): 3 years of maintenance, on-site for the first year, and 2-3 years for self-contained maintenance. There is a online support center, which can provide support in 1-2 working days.
- HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28W (score: 3, out of 5 points): Provide 1 year onsite maintenance. You can add $430 to upgrade to a 3-year warranty. There is an online support center that can provide support within 1-2 working days. It also supports WhatsApp queries.
- Mr. Print comment: M6550NW’s 3-year warranty is more confident, and the online support center provided is also very convenient. The M28W’s warranty is only 1 year, but customers can add $430 to upgrade the 2-3 year warranty, plus HP’s online support service can be queried by WhatsApp, so it will be more convenient. But I believe that the design of entry-level printers is simple and reliable and the print volume is small, so we believe that users do not need to worry too much about maintenance issues.
PANTUM M6550NW (total score: 19 points, full score is 30 points): The score is relatively high. For entry-level printers, this model is quite Balanced printers have fairly average scores regardless of function, design, and price, and customers can easily buy toner or printers online on popular platforms in the market (including HKTV Mall, Fortress Online Store, Club Like, etc.). What users need to consider is that the brand PANTUM is relatively new (introduced to the Hong Kong market in 2016), but PANTUM has developed into a global brand in the past 10 years, and its reputation and quality have certain market acceptance.
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28W (total score: 17.5 points, full score is 30 points): The score is relatively low, but it does not mean that this is a poor one The advantages of this model of printer and double reverse are quite distinct, including the world’s smallest body design and HP’s complete software technology. The disadvantage is that the printing cost will be relatively high, but I believe this is also the price range acceptable to home users. But it is worth noting that when the printer lowers the paper tray and puts A4 paper, the volume will increase (360 x 427 x 347 mm). Of course, the paper tray can be stowed after printing. If the user with a relatively high print volume can choose a high-quality replacement toner cartridge to save costs, but because the toner cartridge is designed to have a low capacity of only 1,000 pages, the cost savings that customers can save from the replacement toner cartridge is higher than that of other models. less.